San Diego Leprechaun Run • Event Details
Leprechaun Run Details:
Join us for the 6th Annual San Diego Leprechaun Run 5K & Kids 1K on Saturday, March 16, 2024! All participants receive a Leprechaun Run t-shirt, finisher medal, chip timing, free photos and a complimentary drink! Run through the streets of downtown Pacific Beach, finish under the rainbow and enjoy your drink to start your St. Patrick’s Day party! Bonus: Complete Leprechaun Run, Pacific Beach Half Marathon & 5K and San Diego Santa Run all in 2024 and receive the huge challenger finisher bling!
Date: Saturday, March 16, 2025
5K Run: 9:00am
Kids 1K Run: 10:30am
Location: Pacific Beach
Early Bird Registration
$40 | Leprechaun Run 5K
$20 | Kids 1K Run
Leprechaun Run Swag
5K Runners Receive:
- Leprechaun Run T-Shirt
- Custom Finisher Medal 🏅
- Chip Timing ⌚
- Custom Bib
- Complimentary Drink Ticket 🍺
- FREE Photos 📷
Additional Purchase Options:
- Green Stripped Socks: $12
- Green/Orange/White Wristbands: $5
- Bow tie: $5
San Diego Leprechaun Run • Kids 1K
The Leprechaun Run Kids 1K is for kids 12 and under! At the conclusion of the Leprechaun Run 5K it will be the kids turn to take over Garnet Avenue. All kids participants will receive a chip timed 1K result as well as a finisher medal!
Kids Run FAQ
Can the parent/guardian run with their kid?
- Absolutely! All kids bibs will come with a matching parent/guardian bib.
What time does the Kids 1K Start?
Where does the Kids 1K Start/Finish?
- The start/finish line will be located on Garnet Ave in front of the Bank of America (912 Garnet Avenue). It is the same start/finish as the Leprechaun Run 5K
What do the Kids 1K participants receive?
- Kids 1K Bib, green sunglasses, chip timed results and a finisher medal!
San Diego Leprechaun Run • Post-Race Celebration
The St. Patrick’s fun doesn’t stop at the finish line! All Leprechaun Run participants receive a complimentary drink ticket to one of our post-race sponsor bar. Your drink ticket is attached to your bib and will be redeemable at Mavericks Beach Club! You must be 21+ and have your ID to redeem your ticket.
San Diego Leprechaun Run • Packet Pick-Up
FREE - Packet Pick-Up
Pick up your race packet at one of the scheduled packet pick up locations. View times and location below.
$15 - Mail My Packet
We will mail your packet directly to your house a week prior to the event!
Packet Pick Up:
If you are picking up a packet for a friend you MUST bring a copy of their photo ID. A picture of their ID on your cell phone is also acceptable.
Alternatively, you can pick up your goods on race morning start at 7:30a. However, we strongly encourage you to come in advance to avoid long race day lines!
Official Packet Pick-Up Sponsor
Road Runner Sports is the World's Largest Running & Walking Store.
All San Diego Santa Run participants that sign up for Road Runner Sports VIP program will receive a special 20% discount during packet pick-up hours!
San Diego Leprechaun Run • FAQ
What is included in my race registration?
- All 5K participants will receive the Leprechaun Run t-shirt, finisher medal, chip timing and a complimentary drink ticket. All Kids 1K runners will receive a Santa Hat, sunglasses, chip timing and a finisher award. Participants must be 21+ to receive the complimentary drink ticket.
Where is the start line?
- The start line is located at 912 Garnet Avenue next to the Bank of America.
Is this race chip timed?
- YES! – All participants will receive a timing ship with their registration.
Where do I pick-up my race packet?
- CLICK HERE to view all packet pick-up information.
Can I have my packet mailed to me?
- YES, for a $15 convenience fee we will mail your packet which will include all your gear!
Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
- YES, they’ll need to bring a copy of your ID (photo of your ID on a cell phone is fine)
Is this event stroller friendly?
- Absolutely! Strollers are welcome in all waves and decorated strollers are highly encouraged! Have fun with it!
Can I run with my dog?
- Due to the size of the 5K run dogs ARE NOT ALLOWED in the 5K run.
Can I walk the 5K?
- Yes! We gladly welcome and encourage walkers. Although there is no defined course cut-off, we ask that 5K participants maintain a 20 minute per mile pace to allow us to remain on schedule for later waves.
Will there be age group awards?
- Yes! There will be age group awards for those who choose to be chip-timed during the 5K run.
- The age group awards will be: top 3 overall, 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+ (male and female categories for all these age groups).
Where can I redeem my complimentary drink ticket?
- The St. Patrick’s-fun doesn’t stop at the finish line! Enjoy a post-run complimentary drink at Mavericks Beach Club located at 860 Garnet Ave, San Diego, CA 92109. It’s right in our finish line festival area so you can’t miss it :)
Can I get a refund for my registration?
- All race registrations are non-refundable. But we do offer a flexible transfer or deferral policy (see below).
Can I transfer my registration to another person or defer to a future San Diego Running Co. event?
- If requested by Friday, March 3, 2023, there is no additional fee for transfers/deferrals.
- If requested between Saturday, March 4, 2023 – Wednesday, March 8, 2023, there will be a $10 fee + processing fees (for an approximate total cost of $12) to transfer/defer.
- There are no transfers/deferrals when requested on or after Thursday, March 9, 2023.
How do I volunteer?
- If you would like to join the festivities as a volunteer, we would love to have you! Email us at email@example.com and let us know you would like to volunteer. It takes a lot of support to make this event happen and it wouldn’t be possible without our amazing volunteers!